Do you like going to Target but dread carrying cash with you? If this is true, you may wonder if Target takes Cash App. Read along with me as I tell you about alternative payment options at Target and how you can use Cash App cards for in-store Target purchases.
It accepts various payment options, including credit and debit cards, Target Gift Cards, Target RedCard, third-party gift cards, and mobile wallet apps. Target does not accept Cash App directly, but Cash App does give out a Cash App Card that you can use at shops that accept Visa debit cards. Users can get cashback rewards when they use the Cash App Card at participating stores.
Can I Use Cash App To Pay At Target?
Yes, Target takes Cash App as a form of payment. As a Target customer, you can use Cash App for purchases but need a Cash App card.
You can add or subtract funds to your Cash App account. This ends up resulting in a seamless and easy experience.
Cash App gives you a handy alternative if you opt not to use a credit or debit card to make transactions at Target. However, it is more similar to PayPal than conventional credit card service providers, as shown below.
How To Use Cash App At Target?
You can use your Cash App at any retailer that accepts Visa for a hassle-free experience.
If you want, you can physically put cash into your Cash App card. Just go to the cashier and tell them to load money into your Cash App card, and give them a reference number.
But in some instances, you need a physical cash card at hand. Still, you can avail of your Cash App benefits in-store without having an actual card. You can use your $Cashtag or purchase with the Cash App QR code.
If you want to pay in-store with Cash App without a card using a $Cashtag, follow these steps:
- Open the Cash App on your mobile device.
- Fill in the Payment Amount. Then choose “Pay.”
- Then enter the email and phone number linked with the Store $Cashtag or Cash App.
- Write a note about the purchase if you want to.
Follow these steps to use a Cash App QR code for paying with Cash App in-store with no card:
- Open the Cash app on your mobile device.
- Press the Payments “$” tab to return to the home screen.
- Select “QR Scanner” from the menu on the top left side of the screen.
- Then you must scan the QR Code to complete the transaction at the sale’s location.
Types of Payments Accepted At Target.com and Target App
- Target RedCardTM: This features Target Mastercard®, Target Debit Card, and Target Credit Card options.
- Third-party credit cards: American Express®, Discover®/Novus®, Mastercard®, Visa®, Target PCard (corporate purchasing card), and credit cards from overseas banks.
- Debit cards by third parties: These must be associated with a Visa or Mastercard account and processed similarly to a credit card.
- Target GiftCards: Physical, electronic, and mobile Target GiftCards are all covered by this category.
- Third-party installment options include Affirm, Sezzle, PayPal® Pay in 4, Afterpay, Klarna, and Zip.
- Gift cards from third parties: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover, fit into this category.
- PayPal®: PayPal is a service that allows online payments.
- Apple Pay®: It is also acceptable.
- E.B.T. card payments: SNAP EBT payments get approved online, but cash E.B.T. payments can only be accepted.
You must be aware that neither SNAP EBT nor PayPal® is permitted as payment options for products offered by Target PlusTM Partners.
Payment Modes You Can Use At Target Stores
- Cash: Target takes payments in cash but cannot take international currency or coins. With weekly updates in exchange rates, some Target locations might accept Canadian/Mexican currency.
- Target Mastercard™: Target MastercardTM, Target Debit Card, and Target RedCardTM are included.
- Target App on Mobile: Utilizing your Target Debit Card, Target Credit Card, or Target MastercardTM, you can make purchases at Target.
- Target Temporary Slips: Target accepts temporary slips for Target Debit Card along with Target Credit Card payments.
- Third-party credit cards: Visa®, Mastercard®, Discover®/Novus®, American Express®, credit cards from banks abroad (such as JCB Japanese Credit Bureau), Diner’s Club International, and FSA/HSA cards. Cards for FSA/HSA are exchangeable for FSA/HSA-eligible products.
- ATM/debit cards and EBT cards: Debit/ATM cards registered in the US are acceptable. Stores can execute SNAP transactions. It is also possible to make purchases with Canadian debit/ATM cards having the Visa® and NYCE® logos simultaneously.
- Contactless pay: You can pay for purchases with contactless payment methods, like the Target Mastercard® or the other authorized third-party credit card.
- Gift cards: Target supports Visa®, Mastercard®, Discover®, American Express®, and Prepaid Gift Cards with the Visa®, Mastercard®, Discover®, or American Express® logo. The Starbucks in-store counters take gift cards from Starbucks. Target GiftCards, however, are not eligible to make a RedCard payment or to purchase some gift cards or services.
- Gift certificates: Gift certificates issued by Target Corporation are only valid for use in the country where they were issued.
- Voucher for merchandise: Vouchers for merchandise from Target will never expire.
- Multiple payment options: Staff members at the retailer can accept debit and credit cards along with EBT cards on every sale.
- Personal Checks: They are also accepted as payment.
- Rebate checks: Rebate checks are limited to partially covering an item’s price; they are not eligible for buying some gift cards. FSA/HSA checks can be redeemed at drugstores and optometry lanes.
- WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) program: Only in approved locations.
- Mobile Payments: Apple Pay®, Google PayTM, Samsung Pay, and others.
- Campus Cash and Alipay: Only authorized retailers can make payments with both services.
Types of Payment Methods Target Does Not Accept
- Foreign checks and currencies: Target doesn’t accept foreign checks or cash, even foreign coins. Nevertheless, specific Target locations might get Canadian or Mexican dollars depending on where they are situated. Weekly updates regarding exchange rates are made at Target retail locations.
- Mall Certificates & Chamber Bucks: Ensure you know that a few stores might accept payments via mall certificates or chamber bucks. I advise calling a nearby store to determine if specific payment options are allowed there.
- Money orders: Only credit accounts are entitled to money order payment at Target.
- Business checks: Target sadly does not take business checks as payment.
- Gift cards from merchants: Starbucks gift cards are only valid at Starbucks registers established within Target stores, compared with most merchant gift cards, like Disney gift cards, that cannot be used there.
Can I Use Cash App In Stores?
Yes. Though the Cash App card might not be FDIC-protected, it is helpful for various functions, such as in-store shopping.
Although it is not a standard debit card, the Cash App card provides an efficient way to send and receive small sums of money,
You can use your Cash App card at stores, given where you are. Various locations, like Walmart, 7-Eleven, Dollar General, and CVS, have simplified transferring money to your card.
Since the Cash App card is usually accepted in most stores, one must remember that not each may be linked to the Cash App company, and approval may vary.
Accessing the Cash App site on your mobile device is another way to use your Cash App card for store purchases. You may shop at partnering locations by logging in with a Facebook account. You can make such purchases very quickly with your Cash App card.
Tap on your phone screen and the transaction will be confirmed. Then you can cancel your Cash App account immediately if the payment is unsuccessful in preventing additional issues.
List of Stores That Accept Cash App Card
Many physical stores, as well as online retailers, accept the Cash App card globally.
Cash App can be used at stores like Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid, 7-Eleven, and Walgreens. Other prominent companies that take Cash App payments include Forever 21, eBay, Gameplanet, Disney Store, Hollister, and Eastbay.
The good thing is that such a versatile card works well for most businesses, which makes it an ideal option for splitting debts. Cash App is a simpler and more secure alternative to utilizing standard credit or debit cards for transactions. It’s beautiful that Visa Cash App cards have broad acceptance nationwide.
There may be situations where the card could be more effective, like with Spotify. Though Cash App is well-known, verifying the information before making an online purchase is usually wise.
For exact data, check with the retailer to ensure the transaction goes well. Most companies gladly take Cash App. However, there are a few that don’t, like many eateries and Uber Eats.
Tip! How to Earn Cash Back With Cash App Card
When you require cash instantly, you can use the acclaimed Cash App for ATM withdrawals or purchase everyday items to earn money back.
Target has an epic cash back policy in place. Moreover, you can use the Cash App Card, where Visa is accepted since it is easily connected to your Cash App account. The associated cost is also reimbursed by Cash App when the card is used for ATM withdrawals.
A significant sum of money shouldn’t be left at an ATM as Cash App finances are not officially FDIC-insured. Despite that, the app’s interface stays simple and lets you quickly and easily send cash to loved ones by name or their $Cashtag identifier with just a few swipes of your finger.
- Target does not accept Cash App as a direct payment method.
- Target takes many forms of payment, such as debit and credit cards, Target GiftCards, Target RedCard, third-party gift cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
- Although Target is exempted from the Cash App’s usage, it provides a Cash App Card for specific stores supporting Visa debit cards, letting users earn cashback rewards.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Walmart accept Cash App cards?
You can add money to your Cash App card at 7-Eleven or Walmart outlets. Moreover, you may give money to the cashier if you lack a bank card. You can avoid paying the fee when you use your cash card if you shop at Walmart regularly.
However, you should retain sufficient funds to make the purchase. You can quickly add funds to your Cash App card while your trip to Walmart by simply showing your card at the checkout counter. You may also ask a cashier for assistance if required.
Does Mcdonald’s take the Cash app?
Yes, it does. The first step is to set up an account with the provider if you want to use the Cash App card for payments at McDonald’s.
When your registration has been successful, you can add your card to Google Pay or Apple Pay for more convenience. When doing shopping, pick the Cash App option at the checkout. After that, stick to the instructions and guidelines to enter the card and conclude the transaction.
Does Target take Afterpay?
Target supports Afterpay. Select it as your preferred means of payment as you make purchases on Target.com or via the Target mobile application.
Does Target accept PayPal QR codes?
Yes. Load the app, log in to your account, and then choose “Scan/Pay” in the menu at the bottom of your screen. To complete your purchase, scan the QR code issued by the Target POS system.
Based on the West Coast, Mary Jane Freeman has been writing professionally since 1994, specializing in the topics of business and retail industry. Freeman’s work has appeared in a variety of publications, including LegalZoom, Essence, Reuters and Chicago Sun-Times. Freeman holds a Master of Science in public policy and management and has extensive experience in the retail industry. Freeman is self-employed and works as a policy analyst and retail consultant.