From Samsung to Apple, you will find that Costco hosts a number of products. AirPods tends to be one of the hot sellers here but if you are not satisfied with the product after use, Costco AirPods return policy will guide you on how to claim a refund or request for a replacement.
Costco lets you return Apple AirPods in store and online via mail if you do so within 90 days of the purchase. Moreover, you have to provide valid proof of purchase i.e. the receipt at the time of the return. The refund will then be made to the original mode of payment or you can opt for product replacement instead.
What Is Costco AirPods Return Policy? (2023)
Costco has set a detailed return policy for almost all products. When it comes to AirPods, there are certain rules and regulations that you have to follow.
- You can return AirPods to Costco within 90 days of purchase.
- You must also return any accessories that came with the AirPods in the original box.
- The return must be made to nearby Costco warehouse or sent back via free shipping.
- Costco will issue the refund after it verifies the attached receipt or your membership card.
How To Return AirPods To Costco Store?
Costco has about 558 warehouses. Luckily, you can make the return to any of these stores but, obviously, you will prefer the one closest to you.
But keep in mind that you can not return Apple products at Costco’ self-checkout lanes. You must visit the operating customer service desk.
You have to visit the store during the operating hours. Moreover, take relevant identification documents with you such as valid government-issued photo ID, receipt and the credit card or debit card which was used for payment.
How To Return Airpods To Costco By Mail?
Costco accepts AirPods returns via mail. You can initiate this by first visiting Costco.com. The procedure is actually quite easy and straightforward.
- Tap on the options that says Orders & Returns.
- Then find the AirPods that you want to return.
- Select the option Return Item mentioned next to the product.
- After that you have to either choose to get full refund for the product or a product replacement.
- Then download and print the free return label. This is provided on the next screen.
- Attach the label to the product packaging. Ensure that you do this securely.
- Recheck that you have included all the accessories in the package and close it.
- Then drop the package at any of the Costco’s primary shipping couriers, UPS or USPS.
Costco will process the refund for you after it checks the product, label and the receipt. It will then refund the amount to your original mode of payment.
When Can You Return AirPods To Costco?
Costco accepts AirPods returns as long as you do it within the given time frame. It is a 100% risk-free return policy with no hidden terms and conditions.
However, once the period is over, Costco will not take back the Apple AirPods. In fact, it does not accept any products returns after 90 days.
Some platforms have recently highlighted that certain Costco store offer flexible window to return the products. This is because individual store managers can exercise some control over how returns are accepted.
Therefore, if customers speak to the manager and provide a valid reason for return, it is possible that the AirPods will be accepted even after 90 days.
Return AirPods To Costco Without Giving The Receipt
If you have lost the receipt, not all hope is lost for the refund. Although receipt is compulsory when returning premium products like Apple AirPods to Costco, the store can make some exceptions.
You may be able to return the AirPods without receipt if you are the person who originally purchased them at the store.
Nonetheless, the chances are quite low. Costco needs to verify the purchase at the time of refund. Unfortunately without the receipt, you will not be able to do this. Thus, Costco has the right to turn down your request.
We still recommend that you contact the Costco local store in your area and talk to a representative to see if anything can be done.
Does Costco Take Back AirPods Received As Gift?
Yes, you can return AirPods received as gift to Costco. This applies to both members and non-members.
If you got the product as a gift, Costco will still demand to see the receipt. You will most probably not have it so sharing membership number of the buyers should be enough.
However, the return should still be made within 90 days of the purchase of the product.
In this case, the refund will be made on to a cash card. You can use it to shop in store just like a gift card works. Non-members will be given temporary membership so they can use the card to shop for items in the store.
Can You Return Used/Opened AirPods To Costco?
Costco takes back opened Apple AirPods as long as you return them with complete set of accessories and there has been no intentional or accidental damage to it.
You also need to make the return with the original box even if you have opened it. You can return them or request for an exchange within 90 days if the AirPods or broken or deliver unsatisfactory performance.
Does Costco Ask For Reasons When Returning AirPods?
Costco would not get into scrutiny when accepting a return from you. If you are exchanging a product or going for a refund within 90 days of purchase, the store will not ask you for reasons.
However, making a return online needs you to share a reason when completing the form.
- You are not satisfied with the AirPods.
- You do not want to keep the AirPods.
- One or many of the features are missing in the AirPods.
- You have received the wrong model or the wrong accessories with the product.
- It was an accidental purchase so you wish to return or exchange.
- You have received damaged AirPods.
How Does Costco Give Refunds?
As soon as prove the purchase, Costco will initiate the refund for you which includes original price of the product, any shipping charges, or handling fees.
- You will get the refund most quickly if you make the return at a Costco warehouse.
- The refunds are issued to the same mode of payment that was originally used to make the purchase.
- Refunds issued to debit cards or credit cards can take up to 48 hours to be processed.
- You have to provide the exact debit card or credit card at the time of return which was used for the payment.
If you choose to make the return via mail, be ready to wait for up to 3 weeks. This is because Costco has to wait to receive the product, verify it, approve the return and then issue the refund to your account.
- Customers can return Apple AirPods at Costco within 90 days of the purchase without sharing any reason or giving any explanation.
- The return can be made by visiting any of the Costco store or choosing to do so online via mail.
- Costco lets you replace the product or go for a complete refund. The refund is made to the original mode of payment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Costco offer AirPods warranty?
Costco offers AirPods warranty for up to 1 year along with 90 days of complimentary support.
Can I return AirPods at Costco if they are opened?
Yes, you can make the return but in this case, it is preferred to return them within 14 days of the purchase.
Can you return damaged AirPods?
If there was a manufacturing defect, the store will take back the product for free. However, you have to pay $29 USD for accidental damage if you had bought Apple AirPods.
What products can you not return at Costco?
There are many products that Costco does not take back. These include drones, TVs, tires, cigarettes, alcohol, computers, jewelry, etc.