I’ve always been a savvy shopper, hunting out the best offers and discounts on anything from everyday items to electronics. That’s why I was curious about Target’s price-matching policy. I often turn to eBay online sellers to buy and sell products, so I wondered if Target would match eBay’s prices. I found helpful information after doing some digging!
Target will not match prices on eBay online, but eBay will compare prices from Target or any other online retailer. eBay price fits with many popular online merchants, like Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, etc. Moreover, eBay has a Best Price Guarantee service that will refund the variance if a customer finds a lesser price on a qualifying item within 48 hours of purchasing. On the other hand, Target will match prices with certain of its local and digital competitors, like Costco, Kohl’s, Macy’s, and others.
Does Target Price Match eBay Online?
Target doesn’t match prices on eBay items offered by third-party sellers.
This is because eBay is an online marketplace where independent sellers set up their rates open to significant and quick fluctuations. As only some companies set these prices, it would be brutal and unjust for Target to price match.
Does eBay Price Match Target?
Yes, eBay does the price match Target.
If customers find a lower price on an eligible product from another store within 48 hours of purchase, eBay’s Best Price Guarantee program will return them 110% of the price differential.
I also discovered that this scheme applies to several big e-commerce sites, like Target, and brick-and-mortar stores in certain situations.
Stores That eBay Price Matches
List of Stores That Target Price Match With
While Target does not match prices on items bought from third-party eBay sellers, they compare prices with different e-commerce sites. I have listed some of them here for you:
What Is Target Price Match Policy?
Target strives to assure its consumers that they are receiving a fair deal on what they buy. Target has a price match policy that allows shoppers to get the same rate at Target as the less expensive one at a qualified competitor store offers. The conditions that apply to Target’s price-matching policy are:
- When making a purchase, or within 14 days, customers must ask for a price match.
- It is a must for the competitor to keep stock of the product you would like to price match.
- Each object’s color, brand, size, and weight need to match perfectly.
- Target.com or a registered competing retailer must offer a lower price.
- The stated pricing must be correct.
- Target’s price match policy also does not apply to some products, such as liquidation, clearance, or damaged products.
- They are refurbished or opened packaging of products.
- Items that Target currently doesn’t have in stock.
- Things that are put up for sale by Target or any of its associated brands.
- Price matching is also unavailable at Target stores in Alaska and Hawaii.
I also want to add that customers must bring the following things to the store to get a price match:
- The item that they would like to match prices on.
- Evidence of the lower pricing, such as a print or online ad or the competitor’s website.
Upon acceptance of the price match, Target will credit the customer’s account for the variation between the lesser and higher costs.
Limitations of Target’s Price Match Policy
Under Target’s price match policy, the goods must be the same, with the brand, color, size, and weight. The product will only be qualified for price matching if there is a slight design change, such as a minor color change.
You need to show the original invoice or another type of purchase proof for brand-new items.
If you cannot present the original receipt, you can provide another form of evidence of buying, like a credit card statement or a photograph of the item and its token.
Items sold at a discount or as buy-one-get-one-free offers cannot get price-matched. This is because no genuine goods are up for grabs at the rate of the freebie or discounted item.
As per Target’s price match policy, the competitor’s store must equal or exceed Target’s pricing on the shelf. In a nutshell, if the pricing at Target and the competitor’s store are the same, you must match Target’s value to become eligible for the price match.
Steps To Price Match An Item At Target
- Carry the item to Target’s Guest Services counter with legitimate evidence of the lower price at the retailer with which you wish to request a price match.
- Keep in mind that Target does not consider photocopies or screenshots as forms of proof.
- You can also call Target Guest Services at 1-800-591-3869 and give details about the item you want to match if you purchase something from Target.com.
- Ask the sales representative to fill out the price-match form if you plan on picking up the product there and want a price-match.
- Target will verify if the product is sold at lower rates at another retailer before matching the price.
Note: If you purchase something from Target at its regular cost and find a better value within 14 days in the same or better condition somewhere else, return it to receive a price match.
Does Target Match Online Items In-Store?
Pricing at Target may vary over its online and offline stores based on offers and stocks. However, Target’s price match policy lets shoppers match the pricing of an online product with the pricing of the same item in-store, except for the clearance items.
The Target app will give the product’s current cost and exact location when you utilize it to price match.
What Are Target Rain Checks Offers?
Target gives rain checks for products that have become out of stock at the store.
These rain checks can be used at any Target store within 30 to 45 days to buy the product at the currently discounted price.
The shop will not let the buyer know if the item becomes available again, but it cannot guarantee that it will be within the specified time frame. Customers must return to the store regularly to see if the wanted product is back in stock.
Rain checks don’t apply to gadgets on sale, have a limited price reduction, or are contractual phones. Also, online shopping is only available for some.
What Is Target Price Adjustment Policy?
Target will happily adjust your payment to account for the lower price at your request if you find a lower rate within 14 days of your purchase. All you have to do is provide proof of the lower price.
Any lane at a Target store can manage to cope with price adjustments and matches. Please call Target.com Guest Services at 1-800-591-3869 to help with purchases over the website.
- While Target does not match prices with eBay, it does so for several local and online competitors, like Costco, Kohl’s, Macy’s, and others.
- Target asks buyers to present evidence of the current lower rate, like a print ad or a web page screenshot, over the guest services desk or in an online chat to price match an item.
- eBay matches prices from leading online shops, including Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, and Target.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use a coupon from Target when the price matches?
When the price gets matched, you cannot use Target coupon offers. The manufacturer’s coupon can only be used after the price match, which is only effective for in-store transactions. Gift cards from Target and cartwheel offers are also excluded for use on price matches.
Does Target offer a price match on Black Friday?
Target would not allow price matching on Black Friday, Thanksgiving Day, or the Monday after Thanksgiving.
Does Target offer a price match on grocery items?
Yes, you can get the grocery prices matched. However, it requires the same item, company, size, quantity, weight, and other features. The products should be available from competitors in the exact unit measurement. The price match on per-pound items is only open to Super Target subscribers.
Does Target’s price match Costco’s?
Yes, Target will match Costco’s pricing online and in Costco stores. Finding identical products at both stores can be challenging but doable.
Does Target’s price match Amazon’s?
Yes. Target matches Amazon’s prices online and in-store so that shoppers can get more for their money. But everything about the product has to coordinate, especially the brand, color, size, pounds, and amount.
Does Target’s price match Walmart’s?
Yes, Target stores will match Walmart prices (both online and in-store) but note that price fluctuations only apply to items in stock and meet other criteria. You can get a return at Target for the difference during checkout or 14 days after placing the order.
Does Target price match Best Buy?
Absolutely. If you see an identical item at Best Buy for a lesser amount, Target will match the competitor’s price. It fits the electronic items that Best Buy sells on request. You must show that Target’s pricing exceeds Best Buy’s.
Ali Anees is a professional brand marketer focused on enhancing customer experiences. His focus is on conducting all-rounded research on U.S. retailers and services to provide updated information for our consumers.
He has a background in strategizing and developing marketing tactics for large Consumer Packaged Goods organizations. His understanding of the industry is beneficial when it comes to finding detailed and accurate information for our consumers.