When you can purchase munchies, buy and deliver medicines from Walgreens and even get something as eventful as flower bouquets at this store, it is only natural to wonder, can I load my Chime card at Walgreens too? Chime is an online bank, and its ease of money transfer is helping it build an enormous user base rapidly. If you are new to this, let me give you my two cents on the best locations and methods to reload your Chime card and how to do it for FREE!
Most Walgreens stores facilitate you to load your Chime card. Moreover, the funds will be in your account in 2 hours after a quick and straightforward credit-loading procedure. There is no processing fee to load a Chime card at Walgreens. Additionally, you can reload your Chime card at other retailers like 7-Eleven, CVS, and Walmart but only with charges. You can also load your Chime card with little or no fee through a bank transfer, mobile deposit, or direct deposit.
Can I Load My Chime Card At All Walgreens Locations?
Definitely! Go to any of Walgreens’ 8,500+ locations, whichever happens to be closest to you. They have walk-in facilities where you can request the representative to load your Chime card.
- You can make deposits from 8 AM-10 PM.
- Three deposits are the maximum that you can make per day.
- The everyday deposit cap is $1,000.
- The highest amount you can deposit in a month is $10,000.
Does It Take Long To Load Chime Card At Walgreens
Chime assures its customers that all the money deposited in their accounts will appear in two hours.
Using Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, or any of Chime’s deposit partners will not affect the speed at which your transaction is executed. You will have to wait for 2 hours after a transaction is done in any case.
Also, you can see the funds on the blockchain via their mobile app rather than waiting for the money to pop up in your account.
Two hours after reloading your card, you can quickly sign into the Chime mobile app (for iPhone and Android) to view your account balance. When a transaction concludes, Chime immediately alerts you via the phone number linked to your account that the funds have become accessible.
Charges To Load Money on a Chime Card
Any third-party store can charge up to $4.95 for each transaction to load money into your Chime card. This cost might vary between stores and could be under $4.95 in some places. Although Walgreens is quite expensive, there are no loading fees here!
While using the Chime mobile app, follow these procedures to get a list of retailers nearby that accept cash deposits:
- Choose “Deposit Cash” with a click.
- Then tap a blue icon on the “See Locations Near Me” option.
- This will list the nearest retail stores that take cash deposits.
- Open the app to find the exact transaction fee for a particular store.
- In the top right side of the screen, click the “store” sign.
List of Other Locations Where You Can Load a Chime Card
As part of my study, I contacted multiple towns in Oregon, Florida, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota and gathered some valuable data.
Then I figured out a complete list of retailers where you can load money onto your Chime card. The top options are listed below based on fees, limits, and across-the-nation availability.
|Retailer||Charged Fees ($)||Limits ($)|
|Walgreens||None||3 deposits/day; maximum of $1,000/day and $10,000/ month|
|CVS||None||$1,000/ day; you must show ID for $300 or above.|
|Walmart||Up to 3.74||Minimum of $20/ transaction; A maximum of $1,00/day|
|Kwik Trip||Differs by location; may be between free-$5||$500/day|
|TravelCenters of America||Differs by region from about $1.50-5||$500/day|
|Smith’s||Differs by region from about $3-5||$500/load|
|7-Eleven||Differs by location||Differ by location|
|Rite Aid||Differs by location||Differ by location|
|Pilot Flying J Travel Centers||Differs by location from around $4-5||$500/day|
|Holiday Station stores||Varies by location from about $4-5||$500/day|
|Royal Farms||Varies by location; generally, $4-5||Differ by location; usually around $400/500|
|Cumberland Farms||$5||$1,000/day and $10,000/month|
|Kroger||$5||$500/load and $1,000/day|
|Sheetz||$5||$500/load and $1,000/day|
|Kum & Go||Differs by card type; usually around $5||Differ by location and card type; usually $500|
|Circle K||$5||Differ by location and card type|
Here are some other locations where you can deposit funds in your Chime card:
- Duane Reade
- Holiday Station Stores
- GPM Investments
List of Places Where You Can Not Load Chime Card
- Home Depot
- Sam’s Club
Alternatives to Loading Cash on Chime Card
You can add funds to your Chime Card using several methods other than loading cash at a retail location. Although this one remains widely popular, here are other options.
- Fee: The fee varies depending on the bank you’re transferring from.
- Limits: You can transfer up to $10,000 per day and $25,000 per month.
- Processing Period: The transfer may take up to five business days.
To transfer funds, open the Chime app and select “Move Money,” followed by “Transfers.” You can directly transfer from Bank of America, Capital One 360, Charles Schwab, Chase, Citibank, Fidelity, Navy Federal, PNC, SunTrust, TD Bank, USAA, U.S. Bank, or Wells Fargo through the Chime app. For banks not on this list, you can use their apps or websites and add your Chime account and routing numbers to complete the transfer.
- Fee: Direct deposits are not subject to charges
- Limits: Direct deposits have no specific limits.
- Processing Period: Chime offers early direct deposit, loading the card up to two days before your regular payday.
You have lots of options for setting up direct deposits. Simplify the process; you can get a direct deposit form using the Chime app, look for your employer/payroll supplier within the app, and provide your employer/payroll provider with your Chime account and routing info.
- Fee: Direct deposits are without charges.
- Limits: The maximum deposit per check is $2,000. You can put in up to ten checks worth $10,000 every month.
- Processing Period: The deposit becomes available immediately after you submit it. However, it can take up to 5 business days in worst-case scenarios.
Install the Chime app. Select “Move Money,” then “Mobile Check Deposit,” and follow the instructions. You must have a direct deposit of a minimum of $1 from an employer, a gig economy payer, or a government entity to use a mobile check deposit.
Tip! What’s The Best Place To Load Your Chime Card?
Walgreens or CVS are the most convenient locations for loading your Chime Card with money.
Both retailers provide no-fee cash loading, and their daily limits of $1,000 meet Chime’s daily allowance. Walgreens still happens to be my favorite spot as it offers reasonable cash back on purchases as well.
Walmart is a good option if CVS or Walgreens are unavailable in your vicinity, and it, too, carries a $1,000 daily spending limit. Walmart applies an extra charge of $3.74 for each load, so stay mindful of that.
Cash deposits usually appear on your Chime Card in minutes, though sometimes it can take as much as 2 hours. You can also make deposits up to three times in cash per 24 hours.
The best option for online loads varies based on the sort of funds you want to load. You can use the complimentary mobile deposit feature for checks. Set up direct deposit or transfer your banking account to your Chime account as an alternative.
Where Can I Load My Chime Card For Free?
The best bet is to go to a Walgreens or a Duane Reade facility. You can’t top up your Chime card at an ATM, so you need to go to a store, and these two are the only options that charge Chime cards for free.
Moreover, you can visit 7-Eleven, Walmart, CVS, Circle K Stores, Rite Aid, and other supported retailers, but they levy a fee for cash load. Here’s how the procedure works:
- Use the Chime app to find nearby stores. Hit “Move Money,” then “Deposit Cash,” followed by “See locations near me.”
- Inform the cashier that you would like to place funds into your Chime account, often known as cash reload.
- Hand the cashier the cash and your Chime debit card, and be available to present identification if asked for by the retailer’s guidelines. You can load $1,000 per 24 hours, or $10,000 each month, in three separate deposits. For your records, request a hard copy of the invoice.
- Open the Chime app’s home screen to confirm your balance. The Bank Account section will display your current balance. Processing of deposits generally takes a few minutes, but it might take as much as two hours.
- All the Walgreens stores load Chime cards without any processing fees.
- The fund will be in your account in two hours after the quick and simple loading process.
- Other places, like CVS, Walmart, and 7-Eleven, also let customers load funds into their Chime cards, but a fee might be associated.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When can I load my Chime card at Walgreens?
A few additional design transformations have been introduced to the new Visa, similar to the one before it. Deposits are processed between 8 AM and 10 PM.
How can I load my Chime card at CVS?
Locate a store, show your card and the amount you want to load to the cashier, and pay the required fees for loading the Chime card at CVS. Each state might have an exclusive loading process.
How to load a Chime card at the nearest Walmart store?
If you wish to load money onto your Chime card at Walmart, utilize the store locator to find the nearest place, then go to the customer service desk or MoneyCenter counter and request the cashier to do it. The money will be accessible in your account in under two hours, and the cost of the transaction charge is $3.74 or lower.
How much will Dollar General charge to load my Chime card?
Customers will pay a cost of $3.95 per transaction when loading cash or checks into their Chime Cards. However, fees can be proportional to the entire load amount based on your provider.
Can I load $10 on my Chime card?
Yes, there are, in fact, over 8,500 Walgreens stores where you can deposit cash into your Chime account. All you’ll need is your Chime card, along with some cash. At Walgreens, you can put in a free cash deposit.
Can I load my Chime card at 711 locations?
Yes. You can load funds into your Chime card in 7-11 outlets. The loading cost ranges from $3 to $5.
Where to load a Chime card near me?
- Chime Deposit Partners
- Holiday Station Stores.
- Royal Farms.
- Cumberland Farms Corp.
- Circle K Stores.
- Sheetz Incorp.
- Kwik Trip Inc.
- Pilot Travel Centers.
What are the cheapest places to load a Chime card?
Some Cash reloads are free at stores like Duane Reade or Walgreens, whereas others have transaction costs of up to $4.95.
Jeannine Mancini, a Florida native, has been writing business and personal finance articles since 2003. Her articles have been published in the Florida Today and Orlando Sentinel. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies and a Master of Arts in Career and Technical Education from the University of Central Florida.