These days, it seems like everyone is on the hunt for a great deal on a new television. And if you’re looking for an affordable option, you may be considering purchasing a Costco TV.
But before you head to your local warehouse club, there are a few things you should know. In this post, we’ll give you the scoop on everything from the types of TVs available at Costco to what you’ll need to consider before making a purchase.
If you are interested in purchasing a TV from Costco, there are a few things you should know. Costco is a membership-based warehouse club that sells a wide variety of products, including TVs, at discounted prices. To shop at Costco, you will need to purchase a membership, which starts at $60 per year. Costco carries a range of TVs in different sizes and price ranges, and you can find a selection of TVs online or at your local Costco store.
The Different Types of TVs Available at Costco
When it comes to choosing a new television, there are a lot of factors to consider. But one of the first decisions you’ll need to make is what type of TV is right for you. At Costco, you’ll find three main types of TVs: LCD/LED, OLED, and plasma. Here’s a quick rundown of each so you can decide which is right for your needs:
LCD/LED TVs: This type of TV uses LED backlighting to produce bright, vibrant images. LED TVs are also known for their energy efficiency, which can help save you money on your electric bill.
OLED TVs: OLED (organic light-emitting diode) technology is the latest and greatest in television technology. OLED TVs provide excellent picture quality, with deep blacks and rich colors. They’re also thinner and lighter than other types of TVs, making them a good option if you’re limited in space.
Plasma TVs: Plasma TVs offer excellent image quality and are often cheaper than OLED models. However, they’re also much heavier than other types of TVs, so keep that in mind if you’re planning on hanging your TV on the wall.
Choosing the Right Size TV
After you’ve decided on the type of TV you want, the next step is to choose the right size. When it comes to selecting a screen size, there are two main things to consider: the size of your room and your viewing distance.
If you have a smaller room, or if you’ll be sitting close to the TV, you’ll want to opt for a smaller screen size. Conversely, if your room is large or if you’ll be sitting further away from the TV, a larger screen size will be best. Here’s a quick guide to help you choose the right screen size for your needs:
- Small rooms (less than 100 square feet): 32″ – 40″
- Medium rooms (100 – 200 square feet): 42″ – 55″
- Large rooms (more than 200 square feet): 56″ and up
9 Important Points Before You Buy Costco TV
Once you’ve chosen the type and size of TV that’s right for your needs, there are a few more things to consider before you make your purchase.
1. Not all TVs at Costco are created equal. When it comes to televisions, there are a lot of options on the market. So, how do you know if you’re getting a good deal at Costco? The answer is simple: do your research. That way, you can compare prices and features to find the best possible deal.
2. You’ll need to pay for a membership. In order to purchase anything at Costco, you must have a membership. There are two types of memberships: business and individual. The individual membership is the most popular and costs $60 per year. Business memberships start at $55 per year but vary depending on the type of business.
3. Know what features you want before you go to Costco. When it comes to TVs, there are a lot of features to consider, such as screen size, resolution, refresh rate, and smart capabilities. It’s important to know what you want before you go to Costco so that you can narrow down your choices and find the perfect TV for your needs.
4. Compare prices. Just because something is at Costco doesn’t mean it’s always cheaper than elsewhere. That’s why it’s important to compare prices before you make your purchase. You can use websites like camel or Price Blink to do price comparisons on Amazon or other websites.
5. Check return policies. Before making your final decision, It’s also important to check return policies in case you need to return or exchange your TV after purchase, Most electronics have a 90-day return policy, but it never hurts to check first
6. Quantities may be limited. Keep in mind that because Costco is a wholesale club, the quantities of each product may be limited, so if you see a TV that you want, make sure to buy it then and there rather than waiting, because it may not be available later
7. There may be an assembly fee. Some TVs come with an assembly fee, which means that you will have to pay someone to put it together for you this fee is typically around $25 but can vary depending on the type of television
8. You may have to pay for shipping. Shipping fees typically range from $0 to $99 depending on the size and weight of the product
9. There may be restocking fees. If you decide to return or exchange your TV, keep in mind that some retailers charge restocking fees these fees typically range from 10% to 20% of the purchase price.
The Bottom Line
Purchasing a new television can be daunting. There are so many different factors to consider! But hopefully, after reading this blog post, you feel more prepared to take on the task. Just remember to take into account the type of TV you want as well as its size and price before making your final decision.
And if you’re considering purchasing from Costco specifically, keep in mind that they offer free delivery within 25 miles of most warehouses (with some exceptions), all their TVs come with standard manufacturer’s warranties (usually 1 year), and quantities are often limited. So if see something catches your eye, don’t hesitate!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is Costco good for buying a TV?
Costco is great for buying TVs because they offer unbeatable prices and free delivery within 25 miles of most warehouses. Plus, all their TVs come with standard manufacturer’s warranties (usually 1 year) and quantities are often limited.
Do I have to have a membership to buy a TV at Costco?
Yes, you must have a membership in order to purchase anything at Costco, however, you can still shop without a membership but you will not be able to take advantage of the discounts and special offers that members get.
What if I need to return or exchange my TV?
Most electronics have a 90-day return policy, however, if you’re not a member then you may be charged a restocking fee (typically 10% to 20% of the purchase price) if you decide to return or exchange your TV after purchase.
Originally posted 2023-01-04 05:07:03.