Does Your Visual Merchandising Stand Out?
Enter to share your merchandising innovations and to win the recognition you deserve.
Call for entries deadline: Monday, January 18, 2016
Just by sharing your hard work and vision, you’re a winner.
Winners will be announced online, displayed prominently at SPREE RECon 2016 and featured in the Spring 2016 issue of Specialty Retail Report.
Specialty Retail Report’s Visual Victories Awards program is a visual merchandising competition specifically created for cart, kiosk and temporary in-line retailers. Our annual competition recognizes the outstanding work done by exceptional visual merchandisers, retailers and specialty leasing agents.
Best RMU Merchandising Display
Best Overall Kiosk Design
Most Creative Promotional Cart or Kiosk
Most Creative Pop-up Store Design
Most Creative Temporary Store Design
Most Inspirational Pop-up or Temporary Store Window Display
Most Improved Retail Design (RMU or Kiosk)
Review this information thoroughly before visiting icsc.org/VisualVictories to upload your entries(s). If you have any questions, contact Patricia Norins at +1 781 709 2411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Should Enter?
Specialty retailers worldwide are eligible and may enter more than one category. Specialty leasing managers, visual merchandisers and consultants are also encouraged to submit entries on behalf of specialty retailers.
• The retail unit must be operating under a lease or license agreement with a term of 12 months or fewer.
• The retail unit must have been open for at least one week between January 2015 and January 2016.
• Note: Specialty Retail Report defines a pop-up as any cart, kiosk or store open for 90 days or less. A temporary store is defined as one that was open for four to 12 months.
ICSC/Specialty Retail Report officials will make all eligibility rulings. Both reserve the right to re-classify, re-categorize or disqualify entries, as well as remove any ineligible materials. All decisions are final.
A panel of industry leaders will judge the entries and select the winners. Judges are not eligible to enter as contestants. The decisions of the judges are final.
Three winners will be selected in each category according to the following criteria: creativity, effectiveness and functionality of the display design.
The judges will look for designs that…
• tell a story or underscore a specific theme
• focus on best-selling products/product lines
• use color, texture, signage, props, product groupings and/or lighting to grab a customer’s attention
How to Submit an Entry
All entries in the 2016 Visual Victories Awards program must be submitted online at www.icsc.org/VisualVictories.
You may enter as many categories as you wish but you must submit a separate entry for each category you enter. Supporting materials should be uploaded in the appropriate sections where indicated.
YOUR ENTRY MUST BE SUBMITTED online according to a specific format, as outlined herein, Please read this information carefully before you begin your entry preparation so you can resolve any questions in advance.
You will need to upload various files throughout your entry. You are responsible for making sure that the file(s) you are uploading are viewable, playable in the format defined or downloadable after the upload is complete.
Submitting an entry is simple and convenient, as the website allows the option to set up an account and manage all the entries you submit.
• Go to www.icsc.org/VisualVictories.
• Register for a user name and password or login using your existing login credentials.
• Before adding an entry, make sure to have the following information on hand:
– Name of Retailer’s Cart, Kiosk or Store – Retailer
– Phone Number
– Mall/Retailer’s Venue – Address
The Main Menu
After registering or logging in, the Main Menu will appear with the following navigational selections:
- Entrant Form—this Entrant Form needs only to be completed once. The person listed under Contact Information must be the person representing the award and will be the person contacted should the entry be chosen as a winner.
- Add Entry—this form allows you to add a new entry. Once an entry is added you will be able to view and edit it at any time when logging on.
- View Entries—when you click on this menu, a list of all your entries will appear. Click on the one you wish to view or edit.
The following question highlights those points that explain why your retail unit is worthy of an award. Your responses will serve as the basis of the judges’ evaluation of your project and should be concise while including details of your project that make it special.
What makes your visual merchandising creative and unique?
Note: If you are entering the Most Improved Retail Design (RMU or Kiosk) category, please describe in detail what was done to improve your retail unit.
Submit professional quality, well-lighted digital color photos. Upload the images as specified below:
- Best RMU Merchandising Display: Two photos: one long shot showing the unit from roof to floor and one closer shot of the main merchandise display space
- Best Overall Kiosk Design: Two photos: each showing a different side of the kiosk
- Most Creative Promotional Cart or Kiosk: Two photos: one long shot showing the unit from roof to floor and one closer shot of the main promotional display space
- Most Creative Pop-up Store Design: Three photos: one exterior shot showing the façade, sign and windows; two different interior shots
- Most Creative Temporary Store Design: Three photos: one exterior shot showing the façade, sign and windows; two different interior shots
- Most Inspirational Pop-up or Temporary Store Window Display: Two photos: one up close and one long shot
- Most Improved Retail Design (RMU or Kiosk): Two “Before” and two “After” photos. Photos must represent the same retailer in the same type of unit (i.e., new display on same cart, or new display on new carts provided by mall management; new display on same kiosk or on new retailer-designed kiosk).
Photo File Formats
Accepted file formats: Photoshop, .TIFF, .PNG, .EPS, .JPEG
Sized minimum: 640×480 at 72dpi or larger, Preferred high resolution, approximately 300dpi with a minimum size of 5” x 7”.
Note: Please test your images by previewing them after they are uploaded.
All entries must be submitted by Wednesday, January 13, 2016.
Your entry grants ICSC/Specialty Retail Report the right to publish any information contained in the entry in any form, including but not limited to news releases, galleries, advertising, books, periodicals and other publications. Copyrighted photographs, slides, videos, maps or drawings must be accompanied by a release from the copyright holder, in addition to any preferred credit acknowledgements.
Winners will be announced online at SpecialtyRetail.com and recognized in the Spring 2016 issue of Specialty Retail Report.
All entries must have the electronic authorization of the owner/management company to authorize the submission of this entry and agree to abide by all rules of the Competition program. Such applicant certifies that there are no persons or organizations responsible for creating or collaborating on the entry project other than those listed. Additionally, as duly authorized, the undersigned grants ICSC/Specialty Retail Report the rights to publish any information contained in the entry in any form including but not limited to, news releases, advertising books, periodicals, galleries and other publication.
An e-mail confirmation will be sent to the Entrant and Owner Representative Managing Agent to confirm this authorization.