Dollar General is a popular discount store that offers a wide variety of items, from food to household goods and more. But does Dollar General take coupons? That’s a question we get a lot, so we decided to put together a complete guide with everything you need to know about using coupons at Dollar General. Read on to learn more!
Dollar General does take coupons! You can use manufacturer and store coupons at Dollar General to save on your purchases. In addition to this, you can also find and use digital coupons on the Dollar General Website and app. The criteria for accepted coupons are that they must fulfill the coupon policy that has been stated by the store.
Dollar General Does Accept Coupons | Coupon Policy
Dollar General’s official coupon policy states that it accepts manufacturers’ coupons, which include print, digital, or mobile offers. If you want to use a coupon at dollar general, it must fulfill the following requirements:
- The coupon must be legible.
- Coupons must not have expired.
- The customer must present the original coupon at checkout.
- Only one manufacturer coupon can be used per item.
- Coupon values cannot exceed the value of the item being purchased.
- Digital coupons and paperless offers are limited to one redemption per customer.
- They must have a scannable barcode.
- Coupons must be for the exact item being purchased and cannot be combined with other offers or discounts.
Dollar General reserves the right to limit quantities of coupons per transaction, per day, and/or to refuse any coupon at any time without prior notice.
If your coupon does not meet these requirements, Dollar General will not accept it. It’s best to read their coupon policy before shopping to ensure you have a smooth checkout experience.
Coupons that Dollar General Accepts
- First things first, you’ll want to make sure you’re using valid coupons. That means no expired coupons, no photocopies, and no handwritten coupons.
- If a coupon is for a specific item, like $1 off Tide detergent, then you’ll need to purchase that exact item—you can’t substitute a different product and still use the coupon.
- Lastly, you can only use one coupon per transaction.
Here are some of the most common types of coupons that Dollar General accepts:
Manufacturer’s Coupons: These are typically found in the Sunday newspaper or on websites like Coupons.com. You can also sign up for email newsletters from your favorite brands to receive manufacturer’s coupons directly.
Manufacturer’s coupons can be used on any brand of products and usually don’t have any dollar value restrictions. Just be sure to check the expiration date and read the fine print!
Dollar General Printable Coupons: These are special coupons that can be found on the Dollar General website and are usually good for a specific dollar amount off your total purchase, like $5 off a $25 purchase.
You can usually find these types of coupons around holidays or during the back-to-school season. To use a Dollar General printable coupon, print it out or show it to the cashier on your mobile device.
Dollar General Digital Coupons: These are similar to printable coupons, except they’re loaded directly onto your DG customer loyalty card. To use them, just swipe your card at checkout and the savings will be applied automatically.
You can sign up for a DG customer loyalty card online or in-store. Be sure to check the terms and conditions before you load any digital coupons onto your card, as some offers may have limitations like only being valid on certain days or times.
Coupons that Dollar General Doesn’t Accept
Apart from the requirements listed above, there are a few other types of coupons that Dollar General does not accept.
Coupons from Other Retailers: Coupons from other stores, restaurants, or websites cannot be used at Dollar General.
Coupons that Have Been Expired: Coupons must not have expired in order to be used at Dollar General.
Free Product Coupons: Free product coupons are specifically for getting a free item and usually require you to purchase a specific brand or type of product. These cannot be used at Dollar General because it does not offer free products, only discounts on items.
Competitor Coupons: It does not accept coupons from its competitors like Walmart or Target.
Is Coupon Stacking and Using Multiple Coupons Allowed
While Dollar General does accept a large variety of coupons, there are some guidelines and restrictions that customers should be aware of in order to make sure their shopping experience is as smooth as possible.
First, it only accepts manufacturer’s coupons with a valid barcode. No photocopies or internet printouts will be accepted. Additionally, coupon stacking and using multiple coupons are not allowed. Though a customer can use one coupon per item, they are not allowed to use multiple coupons for the same item.
Multiple coupon usage can be allowed under rare circumstances such as when you are using one manufacturer’s coupon and one Dollar General Coupon unless either of the coupons has a restriction that says otherwise.
Where Can You Get Coupons for Dollar General
Manufacturer Coupons can be found in newspapers or magazines or on the product’s websites. You can also sign up for newsletters to receive occasional emails with promotional offers and links to printable manufacturer coupons.
Store coupons for Dollar Generals are typically found in the store’s weekly ad on their website. You can also sign up for the store’s email list to receive alerts about special sales and promotions as well as periodic coupons by email. Mobile Coupons are becoming increasingly popular and there are several ways to get them:
- Text MESSAGE CODES TO 34898
- Download THE DOLLAR GENERAL APP and sign in or create an account
- Opt-in to receive promotional texts from DG if you’ve provided your cellphone number during checkout.
Once you have your hands on some great coupons, it’s time to start shopping!
What are the Best Ways to Save at Dollar General?
There are a few different ways that you can save at Dollar General, beyond using coupons.
- Sign up for a DG Digital Account to access digital coupons that can be redeemed in-store or online
- Shop the clearance sections in each department for deeply discounted items.
- Time your purchases around seasonal events such as Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. when clearance items are typically marked down even further.
- Take advantage of special sales on select items throughout the store – just look for the bright yellow tags!
- They offer a loyalty program called DG Digital Coupons. You can sign up for this program on their website and receive exclusive coupons that you can use in-store or online. Additionally, they offer a weekly ad where you can find discounts and deals on select items.
- If you sign up for their email list, you’ll stay up-to-date on all the latest sales and promotions. You may even receive exclusive coupons or discounts by email.
By taking advantage of these tips, you’ll be sure to maximize your savings at Dollar General.
There are lots of ways to save money at Dollar General, but one of the best is by using coupons! Be sure to check expiration dates and read the fine print so that you’re using valid coupons, and don’t forget that you can only use one Manufacturer’s coupon per item.
Take advantage of Dollar General’s printable and digital coupons for even more savings on your next visit! We hope that this article has been helpful in understanding everything there is to know about using coupons at Dollar General. Happy shopping!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What happens if I use an expired coupon at Dollar General?
If you attempt to use an expired coupon, the cashier will not accept it and it will be void. In the worst scenarios, you can face legal issues and heavy fines. Be sure to check expiration dates before attempting to use a coupon at Dollar General.
How many coupons can I use per item at Dollar General?
You can typically only use one manufacturer coupon per item. However, if you have both a manufacturer’s coupon and a Dollar General Coupon, those can be combined and used together. Be sure to check both coupons for any restrictions that may apply.
Where can I get coupons for Dollar General?
Manufacturer Coupons can be found in newspapers or magazines or on the product’s websites. You can also sign up for newsletters to receive promotional offers and links to printable manufacturer coupons. Store coupons are usually found in the store’s weekly ad on its website.